Do you have a book in you, but don’t know where to start?
DANDELION is an imprint of wildflower poetry press, offering editorial services throughout the publication process.
Examples of services covered:
- Developmental editing (guidance on selection, arrangement, ‘finding the pulse’ of a book, or alternatively help bringing out ‘the voice’ of an author)
- Copy-editing (correction and making suggestions regarding spelling, word use, grammar, punctuation, structure of sentences and poems; standardizing the presentation; cross-checking; checking factual accuracy and integrity; overall consistency; suggestions for revision)
- Design (advice on typesetting, page layout, book size)
- Proofreading (error-checking; including spelling, punctuation, grammar)
- Copyright (general advice, ISBN etc.)
- Publication (platforms, offering both general and specific advice)
Specific skills and main areas of expertise include:
- poetry; particular focus on short-poetry; including haiku, tanka, haibun, digital art, haiga etc.
- cultural politics; sociology; anthropology
- editing non-native English
- developmental editing
- self-publishing support
Other services offered:
- script evaluation
- script proofreading
- cover design
If you are interested in any of our services, please send a simple query highlighting your areas of concern, time-frame and other questions to— firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees vary depending on services required, starting at £20/hour.